There’s never been a more exciting time to start a career in Marketing at Unilever. Unilever is the second-largest advertiser in the world. We have a diverse range of more than 400 food, home and personal care brands, 14 of which generate sales in excess of €1 billion a year. Many of our brands have long-standing social missions, including Dove’s Campaign for Real Beauty.
With major growth in developing and emerging markets, increasing consumer interest in sustainability and the dawn of the digital revolution, marketers must identify trends, behaviours and innovation opportunities to ensure our brands stand out and remain relevant.
With marketing critical to understanding, creating and building demand, the scope of activity is huge. Working on great categories and products in an environment that changes all the time, the pursuit of market share and volume growth is challenging and rewarding.
The job is all about engaging closely with consumers to develop a deep understanding of their preferences and needs, then lead assignments that build business and brand equity.
Whether in brand development, or brand building, our marketers have a crucial role to play in engaging with consumers, through our brands, to communicate and engage consumers in our sustainability mission.
Some of our latest awards
- Keith Weed, Chief Marketing Officer, named International Marketer of the Year by marketing insight agency, M and M, 2012
- Marc Mathieu, SVP, Marketing, named most powerful marketer in Britain, by Marketing Magazine, 2012
- We won three Effie awards for Axe, Dove and Lifebuoy, 2012
- We won eight Spikes awards in Asia, 2012
- We won 25 Cannes Lions in Cannes, 2012