1800 Carl Heinrich Knorr is born on May 15, at Meerdorf near Braunschweig, Germany, the son of a school teacher. In school, he studies commerce and afterwards he becomes a wholesaler of agricultural produce.
1838 C. H. Knorr builds factory in Heilbronn for drying and grinding chicory for the coffee trade. After experimenting with drying vegetables and flavourful seasonings develops a preservation process that maintains the natural values of the ingredients and their flavours with faster cooking times, providing the basis for the development of dried soups.
1873 The Knorr Company begins packaging and selling soup mixes in food shops.
1875 Founder Carl Heinrich Knorr dies in Germany 2 years later.
1885 The Knorr Company expands internationally with packaging plants in Austria and Switzerland. Knorr offers cereals, vegetables, potato flakes, and soups in a compressed tablet form.
KNORR VIETNAM HISTORY
- Unilever first started exploring the Vietnam market in 2000 with the launch of Bouillon cubes; brand taken over from Bestfoods.
- It created an impact but was a small business. To grow big it was imperative to be rooted in daily cooking.
- We found out that Vietnamese woman’s daily cooking repertoire consisted of basic, one-dimensional seasoning products – salt, sugar, pepper, bột canh and MSG. Everybody used MSG but there were unspoken health perceptions associated with it. There was an opportunity for a healthier MSG alternative.
- In 2001 Unilever launched Knorr Cooking Granules on the proposition of: More delicious, more nutritious than MSG and non-stop developed with other innovations.
- Pursue strongly the proposition of delicious and nutritious, Knorr decided to add Tenderloin and launched the new product Knorr Shinbone & Tenderloin Granules in 2008.
- In 2009, to expand the product profile in Vietnam, Knorr Mushroom & Seaweeds Granules was developed specifically to create the really fresh, really sweet vegetable dishes.
- Knorr Shinbone, Tenderloin & Marrow Granules was introduced at the end of 2010 with the combination of 3 premium ingredients which guarantees the TRON VI (rounded) taste of dishes.
- In August 2010, Unilever launched Knorr Meal maker product in order to convert scratch/unbranded mix users to use recipe mixes by owning the positioning of‘perfect taste guarantee for difficult-to-cook dishes’. There are currently 6 Knorr Meal maker SKUs in the market including North Braised Pork,South Braised Pork, North Braised Fish, South Braised Fish, North Sour Soup, South Sour Soup.
People who prepare meals at home for their loved ones everyday, mainly mums.
OUR VALUES & BELIEFS
- We believe in natural, nutritious and delicious food.
- We believe less cooking time means more time with loved ones.
- We go extra length with the love of flavour to help women enhance cooking experience.